Part 2: LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a popular B2B (Business-to-Business) social networking channels for professionals. Over 1 million publishers contribute more than 130,000 posts a week. Due to the B2B nature of the platform, newcomers are often unsure of what content to post and how to interact. Here are 6 tips of content that does well:
- Blog Posts – Using LinkedIn to share your blog posts is an excellent way to increase your reach. Pushing new traffic to your blog and website, whilst also increasing your brand awareness. There are a few things you should do with the post before you post it.
1. Shorten your URL with Bitly or something similar.
2. Introduce the post with a personal comment.
3. Ensure your thumbnail picture looks amazing.
- Industry News and Research – Due to the business-to-business nature of LinkedIn, it’s users are actively looking for content for their industry. This makes it an ideal platform for sharing reports and research-based studies.
- In-Depth How-To and List-Style Posts – Making these types of posts LinkedIn exclusive can do a lot for your business, although it will bypass your blog and website, it will offer you more visibility on the social media channel. Given the easily digestible format of how-to and list-style posts, they do very well on LinkedIn.
- Quick Tips – Since LinkedIn is a professional network, offering tips that include leadership tips and tricks can do well. Keep your topics on subjects that will encourage productivity, professional success and leadership. Offering inspiration and helpful advice will allow your posts to stand out.
- Company Updates – Find a way to make company updates visually appealing and interesting, these posts are great for LinkedIn!
- Photo Updates – Post photos of what happens within your company, whether it is an event you have attended, employees in the office or even pets in the office! This will give a human element to your LinkedIn profile.
The next post will be how to utilise Twitter for your business!